Moore + Joyce Architects provides an architectural service tailored to meet your individual brief, budget and specific requirements. We will begin your project – no matter how small – by meeting you at your property to talk through your project and discuss possible ideas. There is no fee for this stage of the project and after our meeting you will be sent a written quotation outlining our charges.
Most projects can be roughly divided into five stages
1. Scheme design
2. Detailed design and submission of a planning application
3. Preparation of construction drawings and submission for Building Regulation approval
4. Tendering to obtain quotes from builders
5. Inspection of the works and guidance to clients during construction.
You have the flexibility of using us for all or any of the stages outlined above. From start to finish the principal, William Moore, will be your personnel point of contact throughout the project. Clients like our friendly yet professional approach. We understand and appreciate that clients may not know the design and approval process and perhaps have never used an architect before. We work closely with our clients, exploring all options to achieve bespoke but practical cost effective solutions.
We are trained to make the most of your site, space and materials to maximise what you can get for your budget and reduce your future bills. We are familiar with builder’s working methods and with legalisation, regulations and approvals and will guide you at every step of the project. We will interpret your ideas with imagination, creating spaces that can be used, enjoyed and valued for decades.
In addition, we have an extensive network of other professional consultants and reliable contractors available for competitive tender pricing and high quality construction.
We can provide either a full or partial architect’s service to suit the clients needs. Our fees can be charged as a percentage of the total construction costs or, depending on the size of project and extent of service required, at an hourly rate or as a lump sum.
Our fees are highly competitive and represent a small proportion of the total project cost but we can make a considerable contribution to the cost effectiveness and the ultimate overall value of your project. Together with value for money, we will also aim to give you freedom from worry and deliver your vision into reality with flair and imagination, through the provision of the following services:
- Initial advice to formulate brief, requirements and budget
- Feasibility studies and initial cost advice
- Measured surveys of existing properties
- Sketch proposals for discussion
- Detailed design proposals
- Sustainable designs
- Pre application Planning Advice
- Outline Planning Applications
- Full Planning Applications
- New build houses and buildings
- Extensions, conversions and refurbishments
- Design for the disabled
- Self build designs and services
- Interior design
- Building Control Applications
- Tendering and getting the best price
- Construction and Project Management
- Site finding and building plot searches
Please feel free to get in touch for an informal chat to discuss your project and what we can do for you.